Sunday, September 12, 2010

Moving Day/Sunday

Today we took our time because we knew we had to move and we couldn't get into our new place until later. We took a cab because of all of our luggage and it was a luxury compared to the subway and bus! On our way out of town we saw a parade of all locals dressed in traditional dress and the parade was pretty long, so long the drivers waiting for them to cross the road started honking there horns. And it cost us an extra 2,000 won just sitting there! : ) When we got to our new place I think our jaws dropped, we were used to slumming it and this place is a palace compared to our other places! Just kidding about the slumming bit. : ) But our new place has a mini living room, mini kitchen and sorta bedroom, love it! We decided to get a bigger place because tomorrow we will have Josiah!!!!! Wow, this just got really real now that I wrote that. I am not really nervous right now but I am sure I will be tomorrow. We don't know how long it will take us tomorrow to get to the Bethany offices because unfortunaltely when I booked this place I didn't know where anything was and it is further away than I thought, oh well no use thinking about that now. Other than moving and walking around our new place we didn't do a thing and it felt good, we have been moving around so much it felt good to sit. So now we sit and "chill" until tomorrow, Jess


On a side note Seoul has quite the police force and they really come out at night as you can see in the pictures. Downtown is apparently know for there demonstrations so the police are always out running drills and monitoring things. It is kinda scarey at first until you see all the locals acting normal! : )
our beautiful room

our beautiful room

<>
police force at night
<>
police practicing drills
parade when we were leaving
parade

1 comment:

  1. I am so excited for you. I'm sure you are very anxious to meet little Josiah. I love reading about your trip.Have a safe trip home.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete